We’re looking for FA Level 1 or 2 coaches to lead sessions for two of our age groups to join our growing deaf-football project. We are said to be the only professional club in England offering football coaching to deaf children and adults from age 5 through to adulthood
We currently run Girls, Adult male, mixed youth and under-10 sessions for deaf players and their siblings.
Vacancies have arisen for coaches in the youth and under-10 teams.
Our teams do perform well in deaf competitions but the main aim of the sessions is to provide accessible football coaching for children who might normally feel excluded from mainstream football because of deafness. Another aim is to help develop player potential, provide a social opportunity and promote physical activity and better health.
- a self-motivated willingness to learn basic football related sign language
- motivation to learn about deafness and become deaf-aware
- ability to lead and deliver well-planned, varied and exciting sessions
- a calm and patient communicator
- ability and inventiveness to make use of visual ways to communicate
- a positive and welcoming person to greet new children and parents
- prepared to do moderate admin work such as registers and taking subs
The successful candidates, pending funding decision, would be asked to attend a paid-for sign language and deaf-football training course. We would expect coaches to pro-actively make the effort to learn about deafness and hearing loss.
Session times are:
- Youth – Monday nights from 7pm at Jack Hunt School (1 hour)
- Under 10 – Saturday mornings venue to be confirmed (1 hour)
The hourly rate is £15ph
As part of the selection process, coaches will be asked to attend a short interview and provide evidence of session planning. We may offer both roles to one coach if appropriate.
If you would like to apply, please send an email to Andy Palmer, Deaf Football Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the following:
- Position applied for
- Football coaching experience
- Reason for interest in the positions
We look forward to hearing from you.